https://talk.electricianforum.co.uk – The UK’s Friendliest Electrical Forum
First Forum to 1.5m Posts
We have 1.5m posts, they don’t have 500k yet and they’ve got some right stupid threads going to try increase post count
First Forum with 45,000 members
We erase unused account, allow members to erase their account, have zero spam accounts get through, and have 45,000+ genuine members. They have sub 25,000 and nearly half automated bot accounts with zero posts.
It would cost them the price of a .com domain name to change their whole website over to a new unique name of their own that saves no confusion.
It is possible to 301 redirect all old traffic to the new domain. We just did it with our .co.uk to .net change.
We would have chosen another brand name but WE HAVE 12 DOMAINS OF THE SAME BRANDING YOU NUMPTIES!
Get your bloody own and stop riding on the back of our traffic ya fuckers.
Stick with a .co.uk if you wish
Just make sure you’ve used more than a single brain cell and a tiny bit of thinking power so you can come up with a name of your own instead of jumping on the back of somebody else’s branding.
“I was confused I thought I’d signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk and then found the other domain and tried to login to that instead”
Janet Morris; genuine case
“I signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk in 2007 and then in 2008 thought the domain had changed, I quickly learnt it was a criminal copycat”
Willie Brown; actual member who’s pissed off still to this day
“I think we should just DDOS the fuck out of them during all their busy periods until their hosting costs more than its worth because they need to outbandwidth the traffic which is very costly”
Sean Fisher; ethical hacker
Let’s work together to stop you being a problem for us
We will help you FOC to fuck off onto a domain name of your own. If you can only use domain names that we can think up, we can think up a few for you and you use your little fat fingers to pick one out of a hat – ya cunts
- I posted something a while back regarding our responsibility for when we find a fault on a system such as poor ZS or failed IR been having a discussion at work with the maintenance supervisor who has stated if he has given me written instructions to re energise these circuits I am then in the clear. I wanted to see what you guys think. I believe me knowing there is a fault and still going ahead and reinstating the equipment is negligence but what are your thoughts? The thing that got me thinking thought is when carrying out periodic inspections […]
- Hi everybody, I'm eagerly looking to expand our domestic smoke installation business, which seems to be a very fast-growing niche. I'm doing some comparisons between AICO / Fireangel and Kidde. Aico – 100% market leader in the UK and some EU countries. But quite pricey, and the worst thing to me is that they don't give discounts to installers, so I have to buy from electrical stores and top up ~25 – 30% to the customers. Some customers doing their own research over the internet and some of them going crazy when they figure out the real price. Fire Angel […]
- Looking at a job first fixing flats with concrete ceillings, to be lined with mf ceilling system. How do you guys support cables in this scenario? Just clip up to concrete, or some more elaborate solution? Tray seems kind of ott, but would be a good solution. Cheers
- Don't know if it's because its Friday or a long week but my brains have turned to mush trying to figure this out. In a nutshell: I have a downstairs hallway pendant with a 2-way switch. Fantastic. Well, no, both switches are on the ground floor. I want to add a switch to the top of the stairs (and at the same time add a second light fitting for stair lights). One of the switches is currently 2-gang (for hallway and landing) and that is the location I want to keep (and will make 3-gang to accommodate stair lights). The […]
- Mine went walk about last week. Quick look on ebay and I had to double check i was not seeing things ! Bloody expensive little leads they are .
- Why have I started getting a Ladbrokes advert at the top of the screen? Very annoying. I'm signed in. Anyone else seeing this? Or am I special? Don't answer that.
- Hi all, A quick question, we are looking to purchase an induction hob and have been considering a second hand option, if one could be found that's almost new. We have found someone selling an Electrolux one, that is claimed to be unused and looks like it is still in the packaging (minus any shrink wrap, which makes me a little cautious). Is there any way to verify that the hob is actually functional, before parting with our cash? I'm assuming that it is not as simple as popping a plug onto it and testing it in a regular 13amp […]
- Hi, I have just had a full rewire done on my house by a Napit registered company whom I didn't realise at the time where allowing none registered persons to do the work. I have had to call them back several times to many issues I came across and am now concerned about the safety of the rewire. I have a couple of pictures that they say are not a problem, but I am just not sure! I would really appreciate it if somebody would have a quick look at the pictures and tell me if they look to be […]
- I want to power a small heater 2kw in my bedroom with this wireless thermostat. Because its affordable and has very fine 0.25C heat sensing switching. I'm having trouble understanding how to wire it correctly. RT310RF – SALUS Controls UK Electronic Room Thermostat salus-controls.com https://salus-controls.com/files/RT310RF-Quick-Guide-V018.pdf Question 1) Is this able to be wired directly to the heater? its a 2kw heater so would need 10a 230V UK mains. Question 2) For example I can't understand what this means: 16 amp relay switching RX Rating Max: 16 (5) A SPST Question 3) following this wiring diagram to have the heater powered […]
Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk | TEF
- Easy MCS and their competitors. Through years of managing electrical advice websites we have found one or two things to be factual in all cases when reading a blog. One; if it says ‘world leading’ or ‘number one’ then it nearly always is NOT world leading or number one. Electricians Forums, The Worlds Number One […]
- Free Rated Traders by Ekthetikos. https://freeratedtraders.com/ Find Your Local Traders:- Find Local Tilers Find Local Plumbers Find Local Electricians Find Local Gas Engineers Find Local Bathroom Fitters Find Local Kitchen Fitters
- There’s a UK Tiling Forum knocking about that has a bit of competition from Tilers Forums. Pre-2006 there was only a couple of tiling advice forums online, and one was TileForums.com, owned by a training centre called Professional Independent Training Techniques who ran tiling courses and sold tiling tools. The other one was John Bridge’s […]
- Electrical2Go have exclusive offers for forum members on ranges of EV Charging Wallbox products! Electrical2Go Proud Sponsors of Electricians Forums We are Electrical2Go and we are proud sponsors of Electricians Forums who have kindly agreed to send you all a message each month highlighting new products and the latest info most relevant to the trade. […]
- Tiling Advice and Tiling Project Management with a Personal Approach When you’re looking online for Tiling Advice you get a minefield of information, usually online shops with blogs that just want to tell you about ‘The Top 5 Bathroom Tiles This Season’ and the likes. Then there are the forums, the blogs, the training courses, […]
- I’ve updated the .co.uk domain to include its own blog, tell us what you think about it. Nothing too fancy. It’s using a free template via WordPress. It has its own stats now and some handy basic blog posts so far but I have plans for it to be much much more than what it […]
- Electrical Courses – Working on this one. Best Plumbing Courses Which Plumbing Course is Best? Find out on our plumbers blog. Best Tiling Courses Which Tiling Course is Best? – Find out on our tilers blog.
- Talk Electrician Forum is one of three forums we have. We started in 2006 on ElectriciansForums.co.uk and soon after another forum popped up ripping off our domain, theirs was ElectricianForum.co.uk, which they then changed to Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk and called it TEF to dodge takedown notices from us. It’s still far too close of a domain name […]
- Okay, so we’ve had some confusing changes over the years. Usually just smilies on the forum changing. Or the automatic post merging system that wound up a few dozen big burly blokes and some even burlier women also. Our domain used to sit on this .co.uk here that this blog is being posted on. But […]
So a guy sees new electrical forum, joins it, kicks around on it and gets a ban, creates his own and doesn’t have much between the ears so the only name he can come up with is one exactly the same as the one he’s been banned on. Did he A) choose it to ride off the back of it B) choose it because he was banned from the first one or C) all of the above?
Whichever it was, his website isn’t his own, he’s just using it until it is claimed by the owner of the brand he’s borrowing without permission.