https://talk.electricianforum.co.uk – The UK’s Friendliest Electrical Forum
First Forum to 1.5m Posts
We have 1.5m posts, they don’t have 500k yet and they’ve got some right stupid threads going to try increase post count
First Forum with 45,000 members
We erase unused account, allow members to erase their account, have zero spam accounts get through, and have 45,000+ genuine members. They have sub 25,000 and nearly half automated bot accounts with zero posts.
It would cost them the price of a .com domain name to change their whole website over to a new unique name of their own that saves no confusion.
It is possible to 301 redirect all old traffic to the new domain. We just did it with our .co.uk to .net change.
We would have chosen another brand name but WE HAVE 12 DOMAINS OF THE SAME BRANDING YOU NUMPTIES!
Get your bloody own and stop riding on the back of our traffic ya fuckers.
Stick with a .co.uk if you wish
Just make sure you’ve used more than a single brain cell and a tiny bit of thinking power so you can come up with a name of your own instead of jumping on the back of somebody else’s branding.
“I was confused I thought I’d signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk and then found the other domain and tried to login to that instead”
Janet Morris; genuine case
“I signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk in 2007 and then in 2008 thought the domain had changed, I quickly learnt it was a criminal copycat”
Willie Brown; actual member who’s pissed off still to this day
“I think we should just DDOS the fuck out of them during all their busy periods until their hosting costs more than its worth because they need to outbandwidth the traffic which is very costly”
Sean Fisher; ethical hacker
Let’s work together to stop you being a problem for us
We will help you FOC to fuck off onto a domain name of your own. If you can only use domain names that we can think up, we can think up a few for you and you use your little fat fingers to pick one out of a hat – ya cunts
- Hi all. Just seeing if anyone found manufacturer or a solution to avoid chasing out for bigger back box if converting lights to dimmable or just converting one switch to dimmable as all types found require bigger back box. Have looked into grid switch systems but these still seem to require a double back box? Cheers
- I'm trying to figure out the wiring arrangement for some lighting (for college, not real life). The circuit will be wired in singles in conduit. Am I allowed to split the live conductor into "branches" like I have in my, admittedly rather poor, diagram? I need to run a permanent live to my emergency lighting, so I was planning on taking a live and splitting it to give a switched live and a permanent live (which will have a keyed switch to test emergency function). I'd also just run the permanent live around the installation as the feed, and make […]
- Hi all, thanks again for any input. I have been asked to look at this starter as motor starts ok, but when switches over to run motor stops and starter just hums. First of all like I’ve said in previous posts I haven’t had a lot of experience with motors/ starters etc Am I right in thinking this starter is for a capacitor start – capacitor run motor with no centrifugal switch as it has a timer set to 15 seconds and then 3 contactors? The motor starts ok and contractor in middle kicks in and contractor on right kicks […]
- Hi all, first post, and pre-emptive thank you for your help. In anticipation of redoing all of the wiring with the computer I'm putting together, I decided to add a PET sleeve to a pair of my headphones this morning. Having just spent about $500 Cdn in connectors, wires, decent crimpers, all the pins, etc. for this computer, along with way too much RGB and ARGB bling, I figured I'd better do some testing/experimenting to gain a little experience before blowing my build up out of arrogant stupidity lol. My electrical experience is limited to changing turn signals and other […]
- We just moved to a new house, we brought a chandelier with us. It has the same 15 x 40 watt bulbs as the last house. There are two switches for this light, one downstairs is a dimmer switch.Upstairs is a rocker switch. When the chandelier was hooked up, power turned back on and switch engaged with full lights/not dimmed, the dimmer which was rated at 600 watts blew out in about 45 minutes. I removed the blown dimmer switch downstairs. The dimmer switch was connected to three wires; a black wire coiled around another black wire and a red […]
- Not sure I would fancy stripping cables with this dog https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mills-E7…rentrq:1472ed081760ac3c5e038faaffda4d69|iid:1
- Hi guys, I am adding a lighting circuit to a Ring main 32 A. Can I just use a 6A MCB type B in a box on DIN rail to supply my lighting. I am using 1.5mm cable after the 6 A MCB. Thanks for your advice!
- I bought my house 11 months ago with no issues, after a few months everything metal in the kitchen starting giving me an electric shock when touched. After a few more months this stopped on its own, and has recently started again. We realised that it only happens when not wearing shoes, if that helps. Any help and advice would be much appreciated. Thankyou.
- Hi, I’m looking to install two floodlights to light a farm yard, that doesn’t have a supply of electricity. So I was wondering if they could be powered with a small generator or a large power pack.
- just saying Hi to all; after long term employment found myself redundant and went alone in the summer. chasing money, invoicing and quoting until all hours and mostly working solo! living the dream. plenty work about at least!
Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk | TEF
- Free Rated Traders by Ekthetikos. https://freeratedtraders.com/ Find Your Local Traders:- Find Local Tilers Find Local Plumbers Find Local Electricians Find Local Gas Engineers Find Local Bathroom Fitters Find Local Kitchen Fitters
- There’s a UK Tiling Forum knocking about that has a bit of competition from Tilers Forums. Pre-2006 there was only a couple of tiling advice forums online, and one was TileForums.com, owned by a training centre called Professional Independent Training Techniques who ran tiling courses and sold tiling tools. The other one was John Bridge’s […]
- Electrical2Go have exclusive offers for forum members on ranges of EV Charging Wallbox products! Electrical2Go Proud Sponsors of Electricians Forums We are Electrical2Go and we are proud sponsors of Electricians Forums who have kindly agreed to send you all a message each month highlighting new products and the latest info most relevant to the trade. […]
- Tiling Advice and Tiling Project Management with a Personal Approach When you’re looking online for Tiling Advice you get a minefield of information, usually online shops with blogs that just want to tell you about ‘The Top 5 Bathroom Tiles This Season’ and the likes. Then there are the forums, the blogs, the training courses, […]
- I’ve updated the .co.uk domain to include its own blog, tell us what you think about it. Nothing too fancy. It’s using a free template via WordPress. It has its own stats now and some handy basic blog posts so far but I have plans for it to be much much more than what it […]
- Electrical Courses – Working on this one. Best Plumbing Courses Which Plumbing Course is Best? Find out on our plumbers blog. Best Tiling Courses Which Tiling Course is Best? – Find out on our tilers blog.
- Talk Electrician Forum is one of three forums we have. We started in 2006 on ElectriciansForums.co.uk and soon after another forum popped up ripping off our domain, theirs was ElectricianForum.co.uk, which they then changed to Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk and called it TEF to dodge takedown notices from us. It’s still far too close of a domain name […]
- Okay, so we’ve had some confusing changes over the years. Usually just smilies on the forum changing. Or the automatic post merging system that wound up a few dozen big burly blokes and some even burlier women also. Our domain used to sit on this .co.uk here that this blog is being posted on. But […]
So a guy sees new electrical forum, joins it, kicks around on it and gets a ban, creates his own and doesn’t have much between the ears so the only name he can come up with is one exactly the same as the one he’s been banned on. Did he A) choose it to ride off the back of it B) choose it because he was banned from the first one or C) all of the above?
Whichever it was, his website isn’t his own, he’s just using it until it is claimed by the owner of the brand he’s borrowing without permission.