https://talk.electricianforum.co.uk – The UK’s Friendliest Electrical Forum
First Forum to 1.5m Posts
We have 1.5m posts, they don’t have 500k yet and they’ve got some right stupid threads going to try increase post count
First Forum with 45,000 members
We erase unused account, allow members to erase their account, have zero spam accounts get through, and have 45,000+ genuine members. They have sub 25,000 and nearly half automated bot accounts with zero posts.
It would cost them the price of a .com domain name to change their whole website over to a new unique name of their own that saves no confusion.
It is possible to 301 redirect all old traffic to the new domain. We just did it with our .co.uk to .net change.
We would have chosen another brand name but WE HAVE 12 DOMAINS OF THE SAME BRANDING YOU NUMPTIES!
Get your bloody own and stop riding on the back of our traffic ya fuckers.
Stick with a .co.uk if you wish
Just make sure you’ve used more than a single brain cell and a tiny bit of thinking power so you can come up with a name of your own instead of jumping on the back of somebody else’s branding.
“I was confused I thought I’d signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk and then found the other domain and tried to login to that instead”
Janet Morris; genuine case
“I signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk in 2007 and then in 2008 thought the domain had changed, I quickly learnt it was a criminal copycat”
Willie Brown; actual member who’s pissed off still to this day
“I think we should just DDOS the fuck out of them during all their busy periods until their hosting costs more than its worth because they need to outbandwidth the traffic which is very costly”
Sean Fisher; ethical hacker
Let’s work together to stop you being a problem for us
We will help you FOC to fuck off onto a domain name of your own. If you can only use domain names that we can think up, we can think up a few for you and you use your little fat fingers to pick one out of a hat – ya cunts
- Trying to decorate for my elderly mother and found this in her bedroom. The other side of it in the joining room is the 2nd pic
- Hi guys, why might a fault on a final circuit in an apartment trip the dp c63 submain circuit breaker in the plantroom but not any mcbs on the consumer unit in the apartment?
- I am fitting a new light fixture. I have done one already and now on the second one. They are exactly the same. It is a dimmer light. It has 2 lives, 2 neutral, and a earth (the naked wires). For the previous light I simply swapped them all out for the new light and it worked fine. This doesn't work even though I've done the same thing. Before I shortened the braided wire, I tested it and it worked. Since then, I drilled the holes for the ceiling bracket and wired it in. When I flipped the switch, nothing. […]
- Is there any issues in having 10amp breaker if the circuit is pulling just under 6 amps? I know the breakers there to protect the cable and the cable is 2.5 3 core armour. Just curious.
- Went to a job this morn rcd trips in kitchen , went to have a look pat tested some items and IR on dishwasher was 0.47 ohms , so must be the issue everything else was ok , tested rcd on kitchen ring and rcd didn’t trip , so tested the rcd at the board mk 7800 series and it tripped but not in the times x5
- Hi, Currently We have 2 meters and each meter is connected to 2 CU. We are looking to upgrade to a smart meter. At the moment OVO have no slots for my area however, when I do get a slot they will replace 1 of the meters and remove the other they bit I'm not sure about is how will the 2nd CU connect into the smart meter? Will I need to get an electrician to daisy chain the 2 CU from the smart meter? Below is a picture of my setup. The Top CU is for Lights and sockets. […]
- So I picked up some Ck 240mm cable loppers off eBay the other week on sale , they arrived this morning. I mean I have medium sized hands but blooming heck I can barely open them with one hand. unless you have hands like Andre the Giant these are pretty much impossible to use properly with one hand… I will keep them for strip outs to mangle cables but apart from that can’t see me using them..
- Hi, I have been tasked with installing 3 phase ring main in a tool room. X6 16A sockets. Each pice if kit will pull no more than 5A. Planning on using 4mm SWA cable protected by a 63A breaker. Tool room dimensions are 7M X 5M. Any problems with this?
- How do uk power networks install a PME system on old PILC mains cable. Do they use the old cable and put a junction on, where it terminates in the property. Or do they put new cable in from the street. Do anyone know how much they charge for this. I'm getting the usual unapproved earthing clamp problems which uk power networks are refusing to fix.
- Hi Guys I have been taught in college and in books that live goes in common and switch live goes into terminal L1 or L2 but practially speaking if we give Line conductor Brown in Common and Switch Live which is blue lets say with brown sleeve in L1 then the problem which I face is when Switch is in off position then it is live but when switch is pressed to switch on then it goes off. The polarity changes I know you can turn switch upside down but thats not what I am asking why do we give […]
Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk | TEF
- Free Rated Traders by Ekthetikos. https://freeratedtraders.com/ Find Your Local Traders:- Find Local Tilers Find Local Plumbers Find Local Electricians Find Local Gas Engineers Find Local Bathroom Fitters Find Local Kitchen Fitters
- There’s a UK Tiling Forum knocking about that has a bit of competition from Tilers Forums. Pre-2006 there was only a couple of tiling advice forums online, and one was TileForums.com, owned by a training centre called Professional Independent Training Techniques who ran tiling courses and sold tiling tools. The other one was John Bridge’s […]
- Electrical2Go have exclusive offers for forum members on ranges of EV Charging Wallbox products! Electrical2Go Proud Sponsors of Electricians Forums We are Electrical2Go and we are proud sponsors of Electricians Forums who have kindly agreed to send you all a message each month highlighting new products and the latest info most relevant to the trade. […]
- Tiling Advice and Tiling Project Management with a Personal Approach When you’re looking online for Tiling Advice you get a minefield of information, usually online shops with blogs that just want to tell you about ‘The Top 5 Bathroom Tiles This Season’ and the likes. Then there are the forums, the blogs, the training courses, […]
- I’ve updated the .co.uk domain to include its own blog, tell us what you think about it. Nothing too fancy. It’s using a free template via WordPress. It has its own stats now and some handy basic blog posts so far but I have plans for it to be much much more than what it […]
- Electrical Courses – Working on this one. Best Plumbing Courses Which Plumbing Course is Best? Find out on our plumbers blog. Best Tiling Courses Which Tiling Course is Best? – Find out on our tilers blog.
- Talk Electrician Forum is one of three forums we have. We started in 2006 on ElectriciansForums.co.uk and soon after another forum popped up ripping off our domain, theirs was ElectricianForum.co.uk, which they then changed to Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk and called it TEF to dodge takedown notices from us. It’s still far too close of a domain name […]
- Okay, so we’ve had some confusing changes over the years. Usually just smilies on the forum changing. Or the automatic post merging system that wound up a few dozen big burly blokes and some even burlier women also. Our domain used to sit on this .co.uk here that this blog is being posted on. But […]
So a guy sees new electrical forum, joins it, kicks around on it and gets a ban, creates his own and doesn’t have much between the ears so the only name he can come up with is one exactly the same as the one he’s been banned on. Did he A) choose it to ride off the back of it B) choose it because he was banned from the first one or C) all of the above?
Whichever it was, his website isn’t his own, he’s just using it until it is claimed by the owner of the brand he’s borrowing without permission.