https://talk.electricianforum.co.uk – The UK’s Friendliest Electrical Forum
First Forum to 1.5m Posts
We have 1.5m posts, they don’t have 500k yet and they’ve got some right stupid threads going to try increase post count
First Forum with 45,000 members
We erase unused account, allow members to erase their account, have zero spam accounts get through, and have 45,000+ genuine members. They have sub 25,000 and nearly half automated bot accounts with zero posts.
It would cost them the price of a .com domain name to change their whole website over to a new unique name of their own that saves no confusion.
It is possible to 301 redirect all old traffic to the new domain. We just did it with our .co.uk to .net change.
We would have chosen another brand name but WE HAVE 12 DOMAINS OF THE SAME BRANDING YOU NUMPTIES!
Get your bloody own and stop riding on the back of our traffic ya fuckers.
Stick with a .co.uk if you wish
Just make sure you’ve used more than a single brain cell and a tiny bit of thinking power so you can come up with a name of your own instead of jumping on the back of somebody else’s branding.
“I was confused I thought I’d signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk and then found the other domain and tried to login to that instead”
Janet Morris; genuine case
“I signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk in 2007 and then in 2008 thought the domain had changed, I quickly learnt it was a criminal copycat”
Willie Brown; actual member who’s pissed off still to this day
“I think we should just DDOS the fuck out of them during all their busy periods until their hosting costs more than its worth because they need to outbandwidth the traffic which is very costly”
Sean Fisher; ethical hacker
Let’s work together to stop you being a problem for us
We will help you FOC to fuck off onto a domain name of your own. If you can only use domain names that we can think up, we can think up a few for you and you use your little fat fingers to pick one out of a hat – ya cunts
- Hello folks, I am trying to help a friend at the moment. My question is, is it possible to check the battery that powers a Gtech vaccuum cleaner. I have a multimeter but I wouldn't know where to start to carry out a test. I have plugged it in and had it on charge for many hours without any success. It is highly likely that the battery is totally shot but I would like to try to confirm this, or otherwise of course. If anyone can help with this I will be most grateful. Thank you.
- I'm absolutely tired of renting here. I need a drill for driving ground rods and soil is moderately hard one I wanted to know how big/heavy drill I need for ground rods. 10-13 amps, and around 12-15 lbs. Will that be enough? i know demo hammers are usually a bit higher than that Have done quite a bit of research on the internet. it seems most prefer demolition hammer. Also few suggesting SDS Max/Plus Rotary Hammer Drills are quite effective. like always, i don't want to waste my hard… Read more
- Looking for work in Newcastle upon Tyne if anyone can help me thanks
- All this wind seems to be causing quite a headache for the grid. not seen it this bad for a long time, if ever. note, this is only for western power distribution area, I bet the whole country would look like a measles outbreak if there was a map of all areas.
- Hiya, Had a Triton T80 8.5Kw shower for the last two years in upstairs bathroom connected to the mains cold supply. Its still working but cutting out and the water going cold when the upstairs bathroom sink tap is switched on. Have just bought a new Triton T80 10.5kw shower and hoping this will fix the issue (have the thick wiring connection to fuse box). But a part of me is wondering if the issue may be with the cold supply being affected in some way and putting a new or… Read more
- Do you like being lied to ? Taken for an idiot ? Here I make the case for it being done on a world wide scale to the extreme detriment of your children and grandchildren. You may not be aware of it but you live in an electric universe however only part of the complex theory is ever taught alas most of the rest is corrupted ,suppressed, and represented as impossible particularly I suggest the second law of thermodynamics. Alas most electricians along with other trades are far to busy making… Read more
- Just been to view a house that I'm thinking of buying and I looked at the fuse box there seems to be three or four different fuse boxes I don't know what this even means?? 'Looks' a nightmare, it's a rental investment so before I put an offer in I was hoping someone knowledgeable could offer an insight on this does it look like it all needs taking out and starting again or is this something that happens quite often adding different bits on. Thanks in advance ý
- Hi guys, My parents have just moved into a new build with an ideal S24 boiler. They were complaining that the boiler was firing up randomly so I took a look. I have completely re wired everything correctly (20 years experience, approved contractor) yet it still runs almost all the time. It’s an S system with a weather compensation incorporated. When the boiler is running at random there is nothing calling for heat. The only live at the boiler is the L terminal and SL2 (HW off). Also… Read more
- I'm working with these at work at the minute and they really confuse me. Unfortunately everyone is too busy to take the time to explain them properly so i'm left guessing. We have a 4 core YY coming from the board (which i've not seen), feeding a row of lights that is a mixture of emergency and regular industrial LED downlights about 10 inches in diameter, all lights are on PIR's. I know how to wire it up to get what we want but don't understand how it's all working. The normal clicks are… Read more
- Has anyone installed a Walbox EV Charger with a Power Meter to enable the Power Boost option? It's installed but there doesn't seem to be any way of confirming that the Wallbox is talking to the Power Meter. I spoke to Wallbox and they couldn't help.
Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk | TEF
- Easy MCS and their competitors. Through years of managing electrical advice websites we have found one or two things to be factual in all cases when reading a blog. One; if it says ‘world leading’ or ‘number one’ then it nearly always is NOT world leading or number one. Electricians Forums, The Worlds Number One […]
- Free Rated Traders by Ekthetikos. https://freeratedtraders.com/ Find Your Local Traders:- Find Local Tilers Find Local Plumbers Find Local Electricians Find Local Gas Engineers Find Local Bathroom Fitters Find Local Kitchen Fitters
- There’s a UK Tiling Forum knocking about that has a bit of competition from Tilers Forums. Pre-2006 there was only a couple of tiling advice forums online, and one was TileForums.com, owned by a training centre called Professional Independent Training Techniques who ran tiling courses and sold tiling tools. The other one was John Bridge’s […]
- Electrical2Go have exclusive offers for forum members on ranges of EV Charging Wallbox products! Electrical2Go Proud Sponsors of Electricians Forums We are Electrical2Go and we are proud sponsors of Electricians Forums who have kindly agreed to send you all a message each month highlighting new products and the latest info most relevant to the trade. […]
- Tiling Advice and Tiling Project Management with a Personal Approach When you’re looking online for Tiling Advice you get a minefield of information, usually online shops with blogs that just want to tell you about ‘The Top 5 Bathroom Tiles This Season’ and the likes. Then there are the forums, the blogs, the training courses, […]
- I’ve updated the .co.uk domain to include its own blog, tell us what you think about it. Nothing too fancy. It’s using a free template via WordPress. It has its own stats now and some handy basic blog posts so far but I have plans for it to be much much more than what it […]
- Electrical Courses – Working on this one. Best Plumbing Courses Which Plumbing Course is Best? Find out on our plumbers blog. Best Tiling Courses Which Tiling Course is Best? – Find out on our tilers blog.
- Talk Electrician Forum is one of three forums we have. We started in 2006 on ElectriciansForums.co.uk and soon after another forum popped up ripping off our domain, theirs was ElectricianForum.co.uk, which they then changed to Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk and called it TEF to dodge takedown notices from us. It’s still far too close of a domain name […]
- Okay, so we’ve had some confusing changes over the years. Usually just smilies on the forum changing. Or the automatic post merging system that wound up a few dozen big burly blokes and some even burlier women also. Our domain used to sit on this .co.uk here that this blog is being posted on. But […]
So a guy sees new electrical forum, joins it, kicks around on it and gets a ban, creates his own and doesn’t have much between the ears so the only name he can come up with is one exactly the same as the one he’s been banned on. Did he A) choose it to ride off the back of it B) choose it because he was banned from the first one or C) all of the above?
Whichever it was, his website isn’t his own, he’s just using it until it is claimed by the owner of the brand he’s borrowing without permission.