https://talk.electricianforum.co.uk – The UK’s Friendliest Electrical Forum
First Forum to 1.5m Posts
We have 1.5m posts, they don’t have 500k yet and they’ve got some right stupid threads going to try increase post count
First Forum with 45,000 members
We erase unused account, allow members to erase their account, have zero spam accounts get through, and have 45,000+ genuine members. They have sub 25,000 and nearly half automated bot accounts with zero posts.
It would cost them the price of a .com domain name to change their whole website over to a new unique name of their own that saves no confusion.
It is possible to 301 redirect all old traffic to the new domain. We just did it with our .co.uk to .net change.
We would have chosen another brand name but WE HAVE 12 DOMAINS OF THE SAME BRANDING YOU NUMPTIES!
Get your bloody own and stop riding on the back of our traffic ya fuckers.
Stick with a .co.uk if you wish
Just make sure you’ve used more than a single brain cell and a tiny bit of thinking power so you can come up with a name of your own instead of jumping on the back of somebody else’s branding.
“I was confused I thought I’d signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk and then found the other domain and tried to login to that instead”
Janet Morris; genuine case
“I signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk in 2007 and then in 2008 thought the domain had changed, I quickly learnt it was a criminal copycat”
Willie Brown; actual member who’s pissed off still to this day
“I think we should just DDOS the fuck out of them during all their busy periods until their hosting costs more than its worth because they need to outbandwidth the traffic which is very costly”
Sean Fisher; ethical hacker
Let’s work together to stop you being a problem for us
We will help you FOC to fuck off onto a domain name of your own. If you can only use domain names that we can think up, we can think up a few for you and you use your little fat fingers to pick one out of a hat – ya cunts
- I made a very rare trip to my local wholesalers today (I usually buy stuff online now and have it delivered) and was speaking to the manager who I have known since college. He reckons in the coming amendment to the regs , grey pvc pvc twin and earth cable will be written off and we will be required to use LSF / LSOH cable domestically… anyone else heard this ?
- Looking for advice. I have a 5kv solar system. My inverter is currently showing output of just under 3000 w. In the past my energex qld meter would tell me that the solar was giving grid excess after the inverter was reading over 1400w that was with pool pump and hotwater on. They came and put a smart meter in and know it never feeds into the grid while hotwarer is warming even with inverter reading 3200w. Has the company wrongly set my meter to override my hotwater useage.
- Hi all, sitting here losing the will to live waiting for pages to load on niceiconline.com just wondering if it is just me, was also so bad thus morning that I had to give up. Thanks
- Peddling flat out but not getting anywhere.. Need to work on company rates – advice would be appreciated. Domestic and commercial solar contractor carrying out fault finding, repairs, maintenance and upgrades. Not a businessman. How do you bill a job, do you charge call out + hourly rate + travel or use standard rates for different tasks? What are your rates for common tasks: Domestic Fault find solar issue (inverter, communication or supply issue) £? Fault find solar issue roof array (scaffolding not included) £? Repair solar issue (inverter / supply issue) £? Repair solar issue roof (scaffolding not included) […]
- Hi guys, When I hook up my new headphones to my laptop I'm hearing a humming sound. Headphones are connected directly to the laptop by aux, and there's also an external DAC+AMP for the HIFI connected by USB. Multiple tests I've made shed light on the source of the issue: Whenever I touch a metal surface on the laptop the hum stops. If nothing is connected to the laptop (no charger as well), there is no hum. If I connect anything to the laptop, including monitor via HDMI, DAC+AMP via usb, or the laptop charger, the hum resumes. (it could […]
- HI all, I need to bond metal stud work on new build houses, 4mm from socket to an upright, uprights have roof baton for noggins, then socket screwed to the baton, does the bond need access for testing at all? I'm looking into metal noggins for continuity,i think it will be better, just wondering if supplementary bonding needs access for testing or inspecting as it will be covered by the plasterboard? Cheers Grand
- Hi all, wondering if anyone has worked for any DNO's. I've potentially got the opportunity to work for a company replacing service cables, service heads etc. Has anyone had any experience working on this type of thing? Im trying to find out online about the DNO jointing codes/qualifications that i could do further down the line but cant find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
- I’m debating on a landlords forum on the use of “change of occupancy” on an EICR. A large number of landlords feel this is to much, and it should be 5 years only, they are asking their electricians not to put this, and in the main their electricians are doing as they ask. My reading of GN3 table 3.2 is “change of occupancy” is always there, then the period you decide on. How do you read this? Where this really falls down is in a large HMO, if you had 12 bedrooms, change of occupancy could happen every month. In […]
- Hi folks, im after some advice/opinions more than anything. I’m still an apprentice (until next March), although I have just finished my third year in college, all I’ve got left is my NVQ portfolio and my AM2, I will then be eligible to apply for my gold card. Given the above, is there ANY way I can LEGALLY do work for myself on evenings and weekends? I want to advertise but worry there could be nasty comebacks if I don’t wait until I am fully qualified. Also I will add, without blowing my own trumpet competence and ability aren’t an […]
Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk | TEF
- Easy MCS and their competitors. Through years of managing electrical advice websites we have found one or two things to be factual in all cases when reading a blog. One; if it says ‘world leading’ or ‘number one’ then it nearly always is NOT world leading or number one. Electricians Forums, The Worlds Number One […]
- Free Rated Traders by Ekthetikos. https://freeratedtraders.com/ Find Your Local Traders:- Find Local Tilers Find Local Plumbers Find Local Electricians Find Local Gas Engineers Find Local Bathroom Fitters Find Local Kitchen Fitters
- There’s a UK Tiling Forum knocking about that has a bit of competition from Tilers Forums. Pre-2006 there was only a couple of tiling advice forums online, and one was TileForums.com, owned by a training centre called Professional Independent Training Techniques who ran tiling courses and sold tiling tools. The other one was John Bridge’s […]
- Electrical2Go have exclusive offers for forum members on ranges of EV Charging Wallbox products! Electrical2Go Proud Sponsors of Electricians Forums We are Electrical2Go and we are proud sponsors of Electricians Forums who have kindly agreed to send you all a message each month highlighting new products and the latest info most relevant to the trade. […]
- Tiling Advice and Tiling Project Management with a Personal Approach When you’re looking online for Tiling Advice you get a minefield of information, usually online shops with blogs that just want to tell you about ‘The Top 5 Bathroom Tiles This Season’ and the likes. Then there are the forums, the blogs, the training courses, […]
- I’ve updated the .co.uk domain to include its own blog, tell us what you think about it. Nothing too fancy. It’s using a free template via WordPress. It has its own stats now and some handy basic blog posts so far but I have plans for it to be much much more than what it […]
- Electrical Courses – Working on this one. Best Plumbing Courses Which Plumbing Course is Best? Find out on our plumbers blog. Best Tiling Courses Which Tiling Course is Best? – Find out on our tilers blog.
- Talk Electrician Forum is one of three forums we have. We started in 2006 on ElectriciansForums.co.uk and soon after another forum popped up ripping off our domain, theirs was ElectricianForum.co.uk, which they then changed to Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk and called it TEF to dodge takedown notices from us. It’s still far too close of a domain name […]
- Okay, so we’ve had some confusing changes over the years. Usually just smilies on the forum changing. Or the automatic post merging system that wound up a few dozen big burly blokes and some even burlier women also. Our domain used to sit on this .co.uk here that this blog is being posted on. But […]
So a guy sees new electrical forum, joins it, kicks around on it and gets a ban, creates his own and doesn’t have much between the ears so the only name he can come up with is one exactly the same as the one he’s been banned on. Did he A) choose it to ride off the back of it B) choose it because he was banned from the first one or C) all of the above?
Whichever it was, his website isn’t his own, he’s just using it until it is claimed by the owner of the brand he’s borrowing without permission.