https://talk.electricianforum.co.uk – The UK’s Friendliest Electrical Forum
First Forum to 1.5m Posts
We have 1.5m posts, they don’t have 500k yet and they’ve got some right stupid threads going to try increase post count
First Forum with 45,000 members
We erase unused account, allow members to erase their account, have zero spam accounts get through, and have 45,000+ genuine members. They have sub 25,000 and nearly half automated bot accounts with zero posts.
It would cost them the price of a .com domain name to change their whole website over to a new unique name of their own that saves no confusion.
It is possible to 301 redirect all old traffic to the new domain. We just did it with our .co.uk to .net change.
We would have chosen another brand name but WE HAVE 12 DOMAINS OF THE SAME BRANDING YOU NUMPTIES!
Get your bloody own and stop riding on the back of our traffic ya fuckers.
Stick with a .co.uk if you wish
Just make sure you’ve used more than a single brain cell and a tiny bit of thinking power so you can come up with a name of your own instead of jumping on the back of somebody else’s branding.
“I was confused I thought I’d signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk and then found the other domain and tried to login to that instead”
Janet Morris; genuine case
“I signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk in 2007 and then in 2008 thought the domain had changed, I quickly learnt it was a criminal copycat”
Willie Brown; actual member who’s pissed off still to this day
“I think we should just DDOS the fuck out of them during all their busy periods until their hosting costs more than its worth because they need to outbandwidth the traffic which is very costly”
Sean Fisher; ethical hacker
Let’s work together to stop you being a problem for us
We will help you FOC to fuck off onto a domain name of your own. If you can only use domain names that we can think up, we can think up a few for you and you use your little fat fingers to pick one out of a hat – ya cunts
- I have a fairly unique situation for which I am unable to find a solution. The basics: I have an indoor grow tent that has LED lights on 22 hours a day. The system has an open loop exhaust system to control temp and exchange air inside the system. The tent is also equipped with a CO2 enrichment system. My problem is I would like to continue to use the open loop system to control temp but I don't want to waste CO2 at the same time. I know the simple answer is to close the loop, but I would […]
- I've been asked to have a gander at this one for a friend who rents a house out. Initially, he just received this letter, and when I asked for the EICR he said "that's all I got". He paid £200 for the inspection via his letting agent. My comment at that point was the prices seem reasonable but I'd like to see the underlying EICR. He's been chasing for that and it finally came today, about 3 weeks later. It's attached below with details removed. To my mind it feels a bit OTT. The damaged socket fair enough. The Immersion […]
- Hi all I haven’t done much of anything with electrics since secondary school (long time) and hoping someone might just double check what I’m saying isn’t totally wrong! Im building a keg system for home brew using an old chest feeezer. To regulate the temperature I’m using an ink bird ITC 1000 temperature controller. I will attach some pics to illustrate what I’m talking about but essentially I’m chopping up a couple of 2 way adaptors and the plan is… Mains supply comes in through small hole in freezer, I wire up live and neutral to relevant terminals (1 & […]
- Installing an over the range microwave, ran the (yellow) wire to the box, but where can I attach the ground and neutral wires? The one bus on the right is full, the second bus on the right is empty, but can I use it? Nothing else is attached to it.
- Whats the maximum breakers current you should put on one. Would you go to 140amp on a 100amp during to diversity. Its there a rule of thumb. Cheers gents.
- When a relative’s husband died and she cleared out her loft she found an old AVO in a leather box. I don’t know how old it is but know it has not been used since her husband left the RAF In the 1950’s. ( I think it may actually belong to them!) It needed a good home so I was given it. I have not got round to cleaning it up and sorting out the missing batteries and it has just sat on the corner of my bench. Yesterday I needed an old fashioned moving coil meter to observe a […]
- Can someone explain to me please how a substation converts high voltage three wire to low voltage 4 wire?
- Can someone show me where im going wrong please? A 0.25H inductor has a resistance of 35 Ohms and is connected in series with a capacitor of 42uF. they are connected to an AC 230V supply at 50Hz, what is the circuits current? show your working
- Hi I have to run a feed to a CU in the middle of a ground floor flat . Its already got 2 layers of blue board and 100mm rockwool above it . It would be clipped in the ceiling over 50mm above the ceiling height . rockwool in the jist space and 2 layers of pink board below . So method 101 . Looking at regs the cable is derated to 46 A which is too low for the installation . Cant find any table for the derating with armoured . SO question is do I up the CSA […]
Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk | TEF
- Easy MCS and their competitors. Through years of managing electrical advice websites we have found one or two things to be factual in all cases when reading a blog. One; if it says ‘world leading’ or ‘number one’ then it nearly always is NOT world leading or number one. Electricians Forums, The Worlds Number One […]
- Free Rated Traders by Ekthetikos. https://freeratedtraders.com/ Find Your Local Traders:- Find Local Tilers Find Local Plumbers Find Local Electricians Find Local Gas Engineers Find Local Bathroom Fitters Find Local Kitchen Fitters
- There’s a UK Tiling Forum knocking about that has a bit of competition from Tilers Forums. Pre-2006 there was only a couple of tiling advice forums online, and one was TileForums.com, owned by a training centre called Professional Independent Training Techniques who ran tiling courses and sold tiling tools. The other one was John Bridge’s […]
- Electrical2Go have exclusive offers for forum members on ranges of EV Charging Wallbox products! Electrical2Go Proud Sponsors of Electricians Forums We are Electrical2Go and we are proud sponsors of Electricians Forums who have kindly agreed to send you all a message each month highlighting new products and the latest info most relevant to the trade. […]
- Tiling Advice and Tiling Project Management with a Personal Approach When you’re looking online for Tiling Advice you get a minefield of information, usually online shops with blogs that just want to tell you about ‘The Top 5 Bathroom Tiles This Season’ and the likes. Then there are the forums, the blogs, the training courses, […]
- I’ve updated the .co.uk domain to include its own blog, tell us what you think about it. Nothing too fancy. It’s using a free template via WordPress. It has its own stats now and some handy basic blog posts so far but I have plans for it to be much much more than what it […]
- Electrical Courses – Working on this one. Best Plumbing Courses Which Plumbing Course is Best? Find out on our plumbers blog. Best Tiling Courses Which Tiling Course is Best? – Find out on our tilers blog.
- Talk Electrician Forum is one of three forums we have. We started in 2006 on ElectriciansForums.co.uk and soon after another forum popped up ripping off our domain, theirs was ElectricianForum.co.uk, which they then changed to Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk and called it TEF to dodge takedown notices from us. It’s still far too close of a domain name […]
- Okay, so we’ve had some confusing changes over the years. Usually just smilies on the forum changing. Or the automatic post merging system that wound up a few dozen big burly blokes and some even burlier women also. Our domain used to sit on this .co.uk here that this blog is being posted on. But […]
So a guy sees new electrical forum, joins it, kicks around on it and gets a ban, creates his own and doesn’t have much between the ears so the only name he can come up with is one exactly the same as the one he’s been banned on. Did he A) choose it to ride off the back of it B) choose it because he was banned from the first one or C) all of the above?
Whichever it was, his website isn’t his own, he’s just using it until it is claimed by the owner of the brand he’s borrowing without permission.