https://talk.electricianforum.co.uk – The UK’s Friendliest Electrical Forum
First Forum to 1.5m Posts
We have 1.5m posts, they don’t have 500k yet and they’ve got some right stupid threads going to try increase post count
First Forum with 45,000 members
We erase unused account, allow members to erase their account, have zero spam accounts get through, and have 45,000+ genuine members. They have sub 25,000 and nearly half automated bot accounts with zero posts.
It would cost them the price of a .com domain name to change their whole website over to a new unique name of their own that saves no confusion.
It is possible to 301 redirect all old traffic to the new domain. We just did it with our .co.uk to .net change.
We would have chosen another brand name but WE HAVE 12 DOMAINS OF THE SAME BRANDING YOU NUMPTIES!
Get your bloody own and stop riding on the back of our traffic ya fuckers.
Stick with a .co.uk if you wish
Just make sure you’ve used more than a single brain cell and a tiny bit of thinking power so you can come up with a name of your own instead of jumping on the back of somebody else’s branding.
“I was confused I thought I’d signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk and then found the other domain and tried to login to that instead”
Janet Morris; genuine case
“I signed up to electriciansforums.co.uk in 2007 and then in 2008 thought the domain had changed, I quickly learnt it was a criminal copycat”
Willie Brown; actual member who’s pissed off still to this day
“I think we should just DDOS the fuck out of them during all their busy periods until their hosting costs more than its worth because they need to outbandwidth the traffic which is very costly”
Sean Fisher; ethical hacker
Let’s work together to stop you being a problem for us
We will help you FOC to fuck off onto a domain name of your own. If you can only use domain names that we can think up, we can think up a few for you and you use your little fat fingers to pick one out of a hat – ya cunts
- I'm hoping someone out there has come across this problem. Just had -8 days ago- a 6k solar panel system plus 4.8k battery pack installed. When the electrician left the batteries showed 20%full. Next few days inverter showed producing 30kwh but batteries did not charge. We normally use 8.5kwh per day, this was from readings taken off the grid meter over 30 days before installation. I also noticed that overnight, on the meter they installed next to the grid meter, it showed we were exported 0.2kwh to the grid when the solar was not produced. Contacted the installer but they […]
- My pick up was broken into in the Docklands Travelodge car park on Wednesday night. Kit taken is as follows: Fluke 1654 Fluke 381 Fluke T6-1000 Fluke 3000 multimeter, DC ammeter, AC ammeter, Voltmeter Fluke 325 Fluke IR thermometer Above packed in Fluke storage cases Bosch 12V FC drill Bosch 18V FC drill Bosch 18V jigsaw Bosch 18V recip saw Bosch 18V multitool Bosch 18V vacuum Bosch GO scredriver Wera insulated socket set DeWalt 400mm tough system boxes x 2 Cembre 550dn hydraulic crimp tool Dymo XTL 500 label printer Roughly £8-9k Some of the kit has my company name […]
- A friend of mine had a new fuseboard fitted by the agent that leases his house and they were twisting his arm to be fair I went round to test it and tMy friend had a new fuseboard fitted I went to test it .unreal
- I have just had a "smart" meter installed , and at night the electrics trips the RCD when the night storage radiator section comes on. I have had them out and they said installation was correct. I know a little about electrics (more over cautious and basic) but was suppressed when I looked at the lay out for the Night storage CU that the neutral goes through the RCD but the live goes direct – could this be a cause for the RCD to be triggered. I will have to get an electrician out to check all the wiring for […]
- Hi Everyone Thank you for accepting me into this group. I'm obvoiusly new to this forum so please excuse any mistakes untill I familiarise myself with the site. I have just failed my Comp'Ex' Installation / Selection 'IS' (Ex03R) On-line resit for the 2nd time and I have absolutely no idea where I'm going wrong. I have been Comp'Ex' certified for over 30 years and have never failed the course or refreshers up until now. I was actually reasonably confident the first time but less so the 2nd time on account of the fact that I didn't know what I'd […]
- Afternoon guys. I am looking at various places to take the C&G 2365 course and have come across Able Skills based in Dartford. Their course plan looks pretty good and they seem very professional on the phone. I was just looking to see if anyone here has worked or studied with them and has had a good experience or come across any red flags? Thanks
- I have found myself at the old age of 38 out of work after closing my businesses down due to covid19. i have seen a few courses(C&G Level 2+3) that start in sept but they are all atleast 100 miles away from me in the northeast. I am looking for something that i can possibly do some online work and some practical that i dont mind driving that far a couple of times a week for. i have found a company that does it in Nottingham but they are not very responsive and after countless messages they just dont seem […]
- Hope you are all having a good weekend. I've been asked to quote for a rewire and at the moment the CU is at the side of the house. Because the house is being reconfigured the client wants the CU moving to the middle of the house in a what will be a services cupboard. I've not had to do something like this before but I'm sure I've seen it done by using 25mm SWA from a 100a fused switch to extend the tails. Any other thought?
- Need a 6a RCBO for a lighting circuit otherwise it’s a 18 circuit board change! Had a quick search on here, and Alto is Wylex rebranded? If so, will the NHX mini RCBO series be a suitable replacement?
- I thought we could start a lighthearted thread to make us smile during the difficult times View attachment Coronavirus.mp4
Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk | TEF
- Easy MCS and their competitors. Through years of managing electrical advice websites we have found one or two things to be factual in all cases when reading a blog. One; if it says ‘world leading’ or ‘number one’ then it nearly always is NOT world leading or number one. Electricians Forums, The Worlds Number One […]
- Free Rated Traders by Ekthetikos. https://freeratedtraders.com/ Find Your Local Traders:- Find Local Tilers Find Local Plumbers Find Local Electricians Find Local Gas Engineers Find Local Bathroom Fitters Find Local Kitchen Fitters
- There’s a UK Tiling Forum knocking about that has a bit of competition from Tilers Forums. Pre-2006 there was only a couple of tiling advice forums online, and one was TileForums.com, owned by a training centre called Professional Independent Training Techniques who ran tiling courses and sold tiling tools. The other one was John Bridge’s […]
- Electrical2Go have exclusive offers for forum members on ranges of EV Charging Wallbox products! Electrical2Go Proud Sponsors of Electricians Forums We are Electrical2Go and we are proud sponsors of Electricians Forums who have kindly agreed to send you all a message each month highlighting new products and the latest info most relevant to the trade. […]
- Tiling Advice and Tiling Project Management with a Personal Approach When you’re looking online for Tiling Advice you get a minefield of information, usually online shops with blogs that just want to tell you about ‘The Top 5 Bathroom Tiles This Season’ and the likes. Then there are the forums, the blogs, the training courses, […]
- I’ve updated the .co.uk domain to include its own blog, tell us what you think about it. Nothing too fancy. It’s using a free template via WordPress. It has its own stats now and some handy basic blog posts so far but I have plans for it to be much much more than what it […]
- Electrical Courses – Working on this one. Best Plumbing Courses Which Plumbing Course is Best? Find out on our plumbers blog. Best Tiling Courses Which Tiling Course is Best? – Find out on our tilers blog.
- Talk Electrician Forum is one of three forums we have. We started in 2006 on ElectriciansForums.co.uk and soon after another forum popped up ripping off our domain, theirs was ElectricianForum.co.uk, which they then changed to Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk and called it TEF to dodge takedown notices from us. It’s still far too close of a domain name […]
- Okay, so we’ve had some confusing changes over the years. Usually just smilies on the forum changing. Or the automatic post merging system that wound up a few dozen big burly blokes and some even burlier women also. Our domain used to sit on this .co.uk here that this blog is being posted on. But […]
So a guy sees new electrical forum, joins it, kicks around on it and gets a ban, creates his own and doesn’t have much between the ears so the only name he can come up with is one exactly the same as the one he’s been banned on. Did he A) choose it to ride off the back of it B) choose it because he was banned from the first one or C) all of the above?
Whichever it was, his website isn’t his own, he’s just using it until it is claimed by the owner of the brand he’s borrowing without permission.